NCCSA, the Nebraska College Career Services Association represents professionals from two-year and four-year colleges
and universities who aid students in their career development, including searches for internships and employment. Members cooperate to help employers access future and recent graduates.
The NCCSA listserv has two functions:
Members communicate with each other via email.
Non-members send a communication to the group
UNL manages the listserv which currently involves these functions:
- Reviewing messages from non-members and determining if they
should be sent to the list
- Each message is reviewed; only appropriate messages are sent
to the group.
- Messages from members are not reviewed.
- Assisting members with subscription issues
- Removing individuals who leave their positions
- Adding individuals who have difficulty subscribing themselves
- Contacting individuals who are not eligible for membership but
attempt to subscribe
For example, organizations who want to join the list in order to
send job postings or other advertisements. We explain that they
do not need to be a member in order to send a message but that
membership is limited to those working in college career services
Joining/Leaving the List
Due to differences in campus email systems, it is best if individuals
subscribe or unsubscribe themselves.
Individuals can use a UNL website (http://listserv.unl.edu) or email to
subscribe/unsubscribe. For email, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the message: subscribe nccsa First Name Last Name (but
inserting your own name). To unsubscribe, send an email to
email@example.com with the message text unsubscribe nccsa. In both,
remove all footers, signature lines, and backgrounds prior to sending